The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2009, 01:50 AM   #1
72BlazerFC
Freedom Fighter U.S.Army

New Soft top info

I found this on the Blazer Forum website. Post date was April 18th '09
Hello,
My name is Michael Palmer and I am new here to this forum. I just purchased my first 1971 Jimmy and after a week of research I realized there is no manufactures producing a soft top anymore.

The main reason for this thread is after my research on soft tops and found a manufacturer willing to get involved and produce a new soft top. It is the Softopper company out of Boulder Co.
http://www.softopper.com/
I spoke with the owner Larry twice and he is looking for a rig to examine, and he said he would like to produce them and add to his business.

If anyone lives in the Boulder area that could help out by meeting Larry and showing him their rig it would move this forward even faster.

Many of the concerns I have read about are drilling holes, Style, having removable back windows, and Price all of which Larry understands and will accommodate.

I'm sure many of you loyal members here have had your hopes up before but this can really happen with positive feedback here and a show of hands on who is really interested.

I not a salesman for this company and I don't get any commission for my time, I just want a nice new soft top available again like anybody else would want.

Please post your thoughts and concerns here about the construction of the new top design. And take a look at there website.
72BlazerFC is offline   Reply With Quote