The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Another Siding Job:Historic

I got a call yesterday from an architect I have done work for in the past.I went straight down to have a look at the job.It`s in historic Ellicott City,MD.It`s a colonial mill town on the Patapsco River and literally built right into the bedrock of a side valley leading into the big river valley.It`s also the city(town)where the race with the tom Thumb locomotive vs the horse commenced.In`73 Hurrican Agnes seriously flooded this lower end with the river up to just under the tracks on the bridge over the Old National Pike.This building was cheaplt renovated in`74 a year after Agnes and a year prior to the Historic Landmark act was implemented.The work just didn`t hold up and the place is now being totally gutted and renovated.i`ll be stripping the clapboards and exposing the framing.I`ll install 1/2" plywood,Tyvek,new windows,and new sidind.All approved by the historic commission.I`ll be covering or closing the sidewalk and working off a 60' man-lift to keep it mobile and clear for weekend tourism.I`ll be starting in a few weeks and am eager to begin.I REALLY needed this work.I just hope they don`t hang me up with pre-finishing the material.
Here are the before pics along with a few shots up Main St.
The job:

Up & down Main St:

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote