The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #1
lacountyfireman

1972 454 option in a C-10 ??

Hello. I have searched the forum and read a post that this is a myth. Has anyone confirmed that this is indeed true or false. Please no speculation. I am looking for confirmed truth either way. Remember that the COPO chevelles, camaros and novas did not really exist either! Was the 454 option similar to a COPO where you could walk into a Chevy dealer and do a central office production order on a truck and get whatever you wanted regardless of what the brochure said you could order. The truck I am looking at has a chromed interior glove box door so the SPID is missing. The seller is not trying to hide the fact that it may not be an original engine. He understands that without the SPID or buildsheets it cannot be proven. He was told when he bought it a few years ago that is was the original engine and it does have the 8-454 emblems on the fender. I had him check the pad on the engine block and he said he did not see any numbers there. I did not ask him to look for buildsheets. He is being very honest about everything so this would not even be a deal breaker. The truck is all original minus a couple of details. I am having fun learning about these trucks. I had an all original matching numbers Chevelle down to the original plugs and wires with 2 buildsheets. Proof is everything with those cars. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I know there is some great knowledge in these forums. Thank you. I am on the hunt for a clean Super Fleetside BB. Steve
lacountyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote