The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
sweet70beast

1950 sKOOL BUS

To start off with my wife is a Bus driver for the local school district. I have been trying to get her into cars for years with a luke warm response. I had bought her a rare 72 Skylark Suncoupe a few years ago, but I couldn't really get her interested in it.
Afew weeks ago she told me how cool it would be to have a classic School bus all "pimped out". I took that as a challenge to find one. I figure if it takes a bus to get her into classics I'm all over it. So my 11yo Daughter wants the Skylark and off to find a bus.
There was an old bus parked next to a shed about a 1/4 mile off the highway. It has been there for as long as I can remember. Being that far from the highway the only thing I could tell for sure was that it was a pre-55 because the corners were more rounded than the new ones. I couldn't even tell what make it was.
I stopped the other day and talked to the owner and found out it was perfect timing because his wife was on him about getting rid of it and he was trying to figure out how. A deal was struck and the bus was ours for the tidy sum of 300 bucks.
The history of the bus is that it has spent it's whole life here in Rexburg. The P O Father braught it home back in 1969 and parked it next to the shed. They used it for some storage over the years.
It is in really good shape for not moving for the last 40 years. There is a few cracked windows and some dents and rust.
When I went to look at it I was pleasantly suprised to see that it is a 1950 Chevy Bus which is exactly what I wanted. It's longer than I'd like but Plans are that we will shorten it some and put it on a 1 ton frame and someday a cummins and a 4L80e trans. It's going to be our traveling rig, aswell as car shows, cruises, etc. Eventually a fridge, TV, DVD, captains chairs and whatever else we can think of.

Enough yaking time for some pics.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
1968 Chevy Bel Air
1976 Chev C-10
1972 Skylark (suncoupe)
1 of 3943 made
sweet70beast is offline   Reply With Quote