The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
hdhracerx

Howdy from the coast on the left

Howdy. Stoked to be here!

Just picked up a 1954 3100. Rusty, not running, broken glass, and full of pine needles. The inside of the cab doesn't smell too good either. That said, the body is very straight, the chassis upgrades are pretty cool, and it has a nice v8 hot rod 327/t350/12bolt combo underneath it. I dig the sun mini tach and "sleeper" stock looking automatic shifter. My sense is that whomever owned this truck in the past cared for it well. The PO also invested in during the honeymoon of his ownership adding custom radiator, intermittent wipers, a deck cover, a whole separate stainless / polished wood bed kit, etc...

This little truck has been a long time coming and I hope to keep it for quite a while as I first get it running and driving safely, then lean into to it a bit to clean it up to use as a decent daily funmobile. I have a couple of motorcycles to haul, and some house projects to support, so I plan to use the practical side of it regularly. This'll be my fifth truck - fourth old one, second chevy, and I'm stoked to finally one that's the right vintage.

I'm just a back yard hack at this, so I don't have much to offer here yet, but I will post some decent pics and expect I'll learn a whole lot here as I go... If I stumble on any info of value in the meantime, I won't be shy.

I haven't decided on direction for it yet, so should be a fun time figuring that out over the next few weeks while I work on getting it running.

hdh
Attached Images