The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
lnickel

Hows it going, eh?

Just stopping by to say hi. Name's Lane and im hailng from Stony Plain just outside of Edmonton.

I just picked up my 1970 LWB reg cab, i got it for $900 came with 3 cabs, 1 box and a painted/armorthaned rolling frame. The one cab is primed and has new rockers and the doors are also primed and armorthaned, it also had the hole for the gas filler welded up. I also got new front wheel wells, front fenders and a new front rad support. and a good shape hood.

The box had a wood bed in it before and the condition i would say is salvageable. it needs new wheel wells, and probably one new bed side. Im also going to put in a new wood bed.

Also it came with boxes of other misc parts and buckets of bolts so i can start throwing it back together. i got 2 sliding windows (one tinted) and one solidwindow and a good front window

It also didnt come with an engine or trans which i wanted because im going to go with a BBC and a TH400. (or a SBC and TH400)

List of whats going to be done (hopefully 2 years):

Rear fuel cell with bed fill
Disc brakes all around (2.5" spindle drop front and 3" rear coil drop ) 5x5 bolt pattern, its a 6 bolt right now
17" Coys C-5 wheels
One piece side window conversion
Paint is either going to be a Silver or Rust color
Bucket seats
Carpet floor
Dakota Digital dash
Ididit steering column
American Autowire harness (out with old in with new)
Probably going to be some other things that i haven't though of yet.

I want to try and keep the outsourcing of work to a min, hence i going to try my hand at painting it myself. i should have pics up this weekend as my truck is at my farm about 1 1/2 hours away

lnickel is offline   Reply With Quote