The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2009, 07:22 AM   #1
ol Curt

ol Curt Progress

I am moving along on my floorboards...has been real hot here so the welding and grinding came to a screeching halt for awhile. I normally coach high school soccer in the fall. That's a little extra money but takes up a lot of time.I was also doing it at my alma mater which is a small rural school and is some distance away from my home two counties away! The $3.00 per gallon fuel last summer drove me back to my senses! I now find myself with a lot of free time.

I ordered a custom seat cover from Ricks Upholstery the other day. http://www.ricksupholstery.com/ Donna there worked really hard to see that I got exactly what I wanted. I spent several emails and phone conversations with her to get the color I wanted and she gave advice along the way. For the cost, $200 plus $17 freight I thought this was outstanding. I now have to double up on my efforts to get the cab finished, and am looking forward to putting the seat and fuel tank back in and driving the truck a bit.

But...not for long, as Tony 'LILRED66' came up with a great package on a TH350, column, etc to allow me to go from three on the tree to auto. I won't do a lot of driving with this truck, but want to be able to drive it to work or hardware store occasionally and hopefully some car shows or cruise ins where they aren't TOO critical of my body work skills. If any of you live in the KC area and are coming anywhere east in the next several weeks, I would be really happy to pay you a little cash to help me out in hauling the trans and coulmn. I could definitely meet you somewhere in between.It would save me 800 miles round trip.
ol Curt is offline   Reply With Quote