The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
Switch163

67 gmc c-20

So here is the deal with this truck. I was on a convoy in IRAQ last yeay and when i got to my destination it was very late. Which ment it was mid day here at home. So i called my mother and talked to her for awhile. During this conversation she let the cat out of the bag and told me that she was giving me my uncles 67 GMC C-20. Lets just say that i was more than excited. When i got home it was a while before i got a chance to travel back home and see it with my own eyes. But i finnaly got the chance about three weeks ago. I instantly fell in love with this truck. So i started out by reserch. And that is how i found this web site. So i posted on the new guy list. Well i got married this weekend and my best man actually trailered this truck the 400 miles to my house for me. And here she is. All the plans that i have are seriously underfunded and overthought. I am not going to tear the truck down untill after hunting season. I was told the truck did not run but i put a battery in it drained the gas tank and put in frsh petro. And did a little carb adjustment and i have been crusing this truck around the neghiorhood. so i will putt around in it till the deer season goes out and she will start the teardown. My plan is to drop it 3 in in the front and 4 in the rear. change it to a 6 lug with disc brakes up front. and i am going to build a 383 for it. it already had the stock motor taken from it so why not a stroker? and the interior will be stock replacement. And then strip the trim but leave the badges. the color scheme will be a two tone forest green top with a flat white on the bottom. i will probably just use a gloss white and put a flatner in the clear coat. other than that no crazy chopping or spinner rims or anything. i will post pics as i take them and keep you all informed will work when i have the cash
Attached Images

Switch163 is offline   Reply With Quote