The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Blaz-air
Digital Dude

Finally!!!!! My dream Blazer build.

Hello all! Some of you may know me, some of you not. I have been around this site for many years and used to have a Blazer. Well I sold that Blazer many years ago and have always wanted to do a full tilt project. NOW IS THE TIME! My good friend Nate will be doing the chassis and the Blazer is already at his place. I picked this 2WD up from Rockcrln (I still owe you!) who was kind enough to work with on getting it to Nate's. Special thanks goes out to my other buddy Jon at TriPro for the front clip and the opportunity to work with them on several projects as well. I will be adding the complete 67 front from Jon, it is already at Nate's place. I will of course be doing airride and did some horse trading with Josh (abadsvt) for the front Shockwaves. We will also run one of the famous Dropmember/Arm combos up front. I also have a little 5.3/4l60 combo that is at Nates as well. I will be changing the intake and doing some kewl under hood stuff. Now for the wheels. I worked with Boyd Jr. on a set of 20/22 Boyd V-Twin's with the cast center with polished accents. I already have these as well out at (you guessed it) Nate's place. I also picked up some 13" brakes all around. Once Nate is done with the chassis and dropped the engine in, the Blazer will be making a cross country trip to my other brother from another mother, Will Posey at Big Oak Garage in Alabama. Will has worked on some very high profile cars and now has a shop of his own and the Blazer will be making its way to Big Oak Garage for all body and interior fabrication. The front bumper will be narrowed and pocketed in the fender and have a brushed finish to it. The headlight bezels and grill trim will also have a brushed finish. I am thinking about doing some running/turn signs in the center bar. The windshield will be chopped and laid back some, but not as much as some that are out there right now. Now most folks cut the doors down to match the bed but we are going the opposite direction and bringing the bed sides up to meet the doors. While we are raising the the bed sides up we are also going to straighten the body line that flows back and down. Look at the bed sides and you will see mine are going straight back and not drooping down like the factory. Interior and dash are still up in the air but I have a good idea of what I want. Same on the rear treatment. Not sure if we will make a taller more modern looking stock type taillight or do some custom taillight in the bumper like my old Blazer. Anyway enough about this thing...... here are some pics!

What we are starting with!

My rendering, if only I could get the guy doing my rendering to work on it more?

The Wheels!!!!!

So there it is.... We are very close to actually starting on this beast and not just collecting parts.

Later
Carter
Blaz-air is offline   Reply With Quote