The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2009, 01:56 AM   #11
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: Project NOT4SLE

I'm getting ready to do mine. The only thing I don't see listed are brake lines and tie rods/tie rod adjusters and the idler arm. My truck drove and tracked decently, but not that tight of steering. After taking off those parts I realized why because of how loose and/or worn those parts were. With everything else you're doing those should probably be addressed as well. (and will be the cheapest things you've bought so far )

Also, the lower U-bolts that hold the lower control arms on...check them out, but most guys here replace them and upgrade at the same time to 9/16 U-bolts. napa has them for like $9/pr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaschevy View Post
picking up the powdered pieces tomorrow and my spindles should be here tomorrow as well.

Tomorrow when I get off work I am going to try and take some pics of a steering set up I have that is brand new, I want to see if it is for a disc brake set up or not. I am pretty sure all disc brake front ends are the same on the se trucks. Maybe someone can identify it for me.

I go hunting on the 6th of November through the 12th so I am hoping to get the suspension done before then but it is doubtful.

I have the complete new steering assembly, springs, shocks, and the porter stuff to go on. AS well as new upper and lower ball joints, and cross shafts for the a arms.

recommend anything else to replace when doing the suspension?