The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
TylerHuff

low budget 79' Blazer build. 2wd

Im going to go ahead and start a build thread for the blazer i had just bought. I payed $1000 for this truck which included an extra transmission, brand new B&M Zgate shifter and a brand new trans cooler. The truck is a little rough but runs good. It has full length headers that hang way below the frame so i traded some items for a set of brand new ceramic coated block hugger shorties. and because of the exhaust leaks im running new exhaust too. I got some new weather stripping around the rear window and put a new steering wheel on it since im not into the little grant wheels. I probably wont stay on budget but im going to try and build it cheap.

This is the way i bought it. ive been spending most of the time trying to get the wiring sorted out. tons of wires everywhere are just cut and all kinds of stuff spliced together.

The truck is getting the exhaust done right now and a tranny leak fixed once i get it back ill get a few more pics for you