The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2009, 01:40 AM   #1
69C10@16

69 C-10 SWB. The Beast Returns

Alright guys, the 69 has been in its graveyard for too long. It's time she return to the pavement.

This is the truck before it got ripped apart. Nothing to look at I know. It was my first truck and it cost me a massive $800. it got me from A to B. Til i blew it up.

After the motor screwed me I bought my dads 99 GMC and he bought him an 06 Chevy. The 69 kinda snowballed on me. What started as a motor swap ended up as a bare frame in my backyard and absolutely NO money to work on it. But my manager at work got promoted and now I have a fulltime job. So I've decided to continue living exactly as I did at part time and spend the rest of my money on the truck. Haha.

Current plans are to do a 2/4 drop. It's also gonna be a victim of a frame chop. Lowered longbeds look good when they are done right. But I've always been a fan of the shortbed so it's gettin cut. I've got a 67 Big Window cab in the backyard to replace the decrepid excuse of a cab that was on the truck. Can't decide on a color and it doesn't matter because I'm a LONG ways from that anyways. Putting a 76 front end on it to go 5-lug and disc all at once. Gave a hundred dollar bill for the front end cut off at the cab and loaded it onto a trailer.

Here's what the beast looked like before it got totally ripped down.

I will post pictures of the frame in my garage soon. Having POR-15 sprayed on it by a friend at his shop with a chassis black top coat. Cannot wait to be driving around in this truck again. Im sick of my 99. It's too fancy.
69C10@16 is offline   Reply With Quote