The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
LockDoc
The Older Generation

The '36 Ford Coupe Rebuild

- UPDATED 8/24/2017

This is covering close to 6 months so it will take me a couple of posts to get up to speed on it. I'm just finally getting off my dead butt and getting this posted.

First a little background on the car. When I was just a young punk and dating my wife, my future father in law had this '36 Ford 5 window Coupe sitting behind the corncrib. I kept hitting on him about selling it to me but he said that the brakes were bad on it and he was afraid to sell it to anyone for fear they would try driving it with the bad brakes and get in an accident. I purchased a complete '39 Ford hydraulic brake system off of a local hot rodder, loaded it in my car and drove out to the farm to show it to him. I told him if he would sell me the car I would install the hydraulic brake system on it before it was ever driven. A couple of weeks later he gave me the car. I didn't do anything with it for a year or so then decided over the winter to start the build. I put a Buick 322ci V-8 in it and retained the stock Ford transmission and rear end. That was in the winter of 1961-62. Yes, next summer I will have owned the '36 Ford for 50 years!

The first picture is the only picture I have of the car when I first got it. The second picture is in 1963 just after we painted it Metallic Blue. In 1968 I updated it and installed a 327ci Chevy small block, Muncie M-21 4 speed, and painted it a Plum color. (Third Picture) In about 1985 the paint was getting bad so I primered it and put the Outlaw style wheels on it. (Fourth picture)

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 08-24-2017 at 01:13 AM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote