The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
71 super

Snappy Lube - beware!

I was off this morning due to weather, so I took my 2000 GMC sierra for an oil change at Snappy Lube service center. They tried the usual mess of trying to sell extras but that is how they make their money and I understand, I don't like it but I understand. 15 minutes later i hear my truck crank up so I get ready to pay. I hear the engine stop and the hood slam, truck is cranked again and again I hear hood slam, and once more the engine is shut off, recranked and the hood slammed for a third time, The "manager" pulls it out in the parking lot and I see him messing with the front end. He sees me looking and motions for me to come out. As I walk out I see him holding the grill surround in his hands. He looks at me and states your grill broke. He procedes to call his district manager, who states and I quote "Its plastic, plastic breaks". The district guy will not speak directly to me during any of this. The manager tells me he will pay out of his pocket, and that he gets paid on monday. I did not feel that he should pay out of his pocket, and if it had not been for the statement made earlier by the district guy, I probably would have let it go (replacements are cheap and the chrome was starting to give up on the plastic). I tell the manager to have the district guy call me personally within 30 minutes and leave my number. I return home and set the timer- yes the timer (i was pissed by now) and wait. While I wait I google their coorperate info and send email to head office. Needless to say district guy does not call, so I call shop again and ask for and recieve the district guy's cell number. I call him no answer goes to voice mail, so I leave a message questioning what he plans to do to handle this situation. Within 5 minutes the shop calls back and its the manager saying the district guy apologizes and they will purchase me a used grill and offer to throw in a few free oil changes as well. I got on line and looked up new pieces and called them back with prices of both new and used and am now waiting to see what how they handle this. I would not have mad about the whole thing except for the district guy's attitude and handling of the situation. I feel like they would have tried to cover this up if I had not noticed and if I had not pursued they would have done nothing. In a time where businesses are struggling to keep doors open you would think they might rethink some of the bs customer service they don't have. So long and short spread the word and beware of Snappy Lube service sites. HShepard
69 swb cst 6 cylinder/ overdrive
69 black/black cst bb swb
70 orange and white cst Canada built truck swb bb
71 black and white super swb bb
71 red and white super swb
72 green and white super swb 4x4
62 nova wagon 400 series Ls swapped
68 Camaro 327/4 speed- 1 owner, original paint
66 Volkswagen bettle
69 auto stick Volkswagen Beetle
71 super is offline   Reply With Quote