The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
Smith's Customs

72 chevy 4X4 BONECRUSHER build

I also have this build posted elsewhere but thought it would be more fitting here under the 4x4 projects.

I bought this truck right before x-mas and have been working on it almost every weekend since. It was a very clean custom deluxe, 350 truck. I bought it from the 2nd owner and it has 80,000 original miles on it.

Once I got it a put a ne MSD HEI street fire, new wires and plugs. also put a new water pump and all new hoses, belts on it.

the only rust on the truck was in the rocker and on the left fender. I put original GM rockers on it and built a patch for the fender.

the rest of the rig I stripped it to bare metal and etched and primed it. the inside of the door had speaker holes in them and I welded them up and paint the inside of the doors.

The core support and inner fenders are painted black

right now the whole pick-up is in primer and this weekend I hope to get all the parts cut in and front end aligned.

I plan on painting medium olive green with white in the middle and cab. I’m using RM base with Glassuirt 923-255 clear.

Hope to have it painted and all cut rubbed and put back together by the end of April. thanks for looking.

the first pic is when I first brought it home, and the rest is all the progress over the last couple of months.
Attached Images

Smith's Customs is offline   Reply With Quote