The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #9
protrash64
Resistance is Futile

Re: 1964 Suburban Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma1 View Post
Care to elaborate on the tv bracket on the quadrajet? I didnt think it would be easy, you make it look like its just a matter of drilling holes. That can save me the money I was gonna spend on a new carb.
Sure; it took a little cypherin' ............ Basically, I had plan to run the Edelbrock a long time ago. Well, as luck would have it, it doesn't work. Wont idle. I had picked up the TV bracket from Summit(SUM-700203) to use on it and wanted to use it now. I searched and couldn't find much info until I got to Bowtie Overdrives. They have a bracket and a carb guide for Quadrajets. Well, my Quad doesnt have the lower linkage; it was cut down 'for use on low riser stock manifolds'. Nice!!

What I did was set the 2 carbs on a level surface.I marked the center point of each throttle shaft. I put the bracket on the Edelbrock and used my speedsquare to find the angle (75*) and marked the bracket in relation to the center shaft. (It sits just forward of the shaft, made a horizontal line).

I took the bracket off and moved it to the Quad and positioned it in the same location. Horizontal line pointing at the center of the throttle shaft and sitting at a 75* angle. This should keep the radius the same as an Edelbrock as the throttle swings its arc. I clamped it down and scribed the location on the Quad bracket. Drilled out a hole and used the throttle ball and a small 10-32 bolt to hold it to the Quad linkage. One could use 2 bolts and use the standard Quad throttle ball location with minor trimming of the TV adapter.

I also had to pick up a TV cable bracket from TCI (TCI-376700) and a 1'' spacer for the carb(4-hole Quad from Mr. Gasket). I needed the spacer because of the stock manifold. I think with an aftermarket manifold one would be ok with the height. The TV bracket hit the #3 intake runner in my case. Basically a 100$ to hook up the trans. I also dont know if it will work yet, but I dont know why it wouldn't.

I'll try to get some pics on here later.
STRENGTH/DETERMINATION/MERCILESS/FOREVER
.......posted via stationary device

Last edited by protrash64; 03-15-2010 at 01:10 AM.
protrash64 is offline   Reply With Quote