The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #11
lks dcvn

Re: 1972 Blazer - 'Bullet' Project

Slight hiccup in the plan to be done by tomorrow -

I tacked in the outer rocker and hung the door - lined up great - opened the door and there was some sag so it hit on the outer rocker a bit...

I looked and there was some slight scuffing on the door/outer rocker so I checked the play in the door and it was pretty bad - so I started to look at the normal suspects [hinges were OK] - door had a crack in the metal where the door meets the top hinge - damn.

I might have a lead on some 'new' doors that I am checking out this weekend - so there goes that plan...how big of a pain is it swapping door internals to another door?

At least the major welding parts are done now - just getting a decent door lined up now is the priority.

Another thing - I noticed when I hung the front fender on the driver side is that it hits on the A pillar patch - just like the post here:

Fender Hitting A Pillar Patch Panel with Pix

I will need to cut that back tonight and see how it lines up. I might just bend the bottom of the fender out a smidge in that one spot and that might allow me to seat it properly...I will check tonight.

I will also start working on the front of the rear quarter this week as well - that way I can keep the momentum moving in the right direction.

I know there are a few spots in the bed that will need to be cut out/replaced so I will likely do those when I get the larger stuff done.

I am happy to have gotten this far in this time frame - w/out the door issue - it would have been done last night -

Pix from last night will be posted up later tonight or tomorrow with the work from later today.
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote