The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
joeelutz

Truck done 2 weeks and already damaged. Will Geico pay?

Well, I just finished my truck two weeks ago and drove it to Myrtle beach for the Run to the Sun show. Had a blast and averaged 19.25 MPG on the trip thanks to EFI and overdrive.

On this past Tuesday, I was moving cars around at the shop and parked the truck out beside the building. It wasn't out there 5 minutes and I heard a loud smash. I thought there was a wreck in front of the building. I walk outside to see a Dodge van setting off the side of the road, missing a front wheel. I walk over to see if everyone is OK and then I see it... The lost wheel and tire smashed into the left front fender of my truck. It seems they had forgotten to tighten the lug nuts on the van. I'm just thankfull that noone was hurt and it was my vehicle and not a customer's car that was damaged. Long story short is they have Geico insurance and I'm waiting to hear from the adjuster. I'm a little worried about Geico. Any experiences?

SO... I need to know who has the absolute best replacement sheet metal that I can buy. I would like to go with OEM, but that's probably going to be hard to find that's not beat up. I need a left fender, left inner fender, hood, grille, and maybe radiator support.
Attached Images

Last edited by joeelutz; 04-07-2010 at 09:49 PM.
joeelutz is offline   Reply With Quote