The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2010, 04:37 AM   #11
Rack Man

Re: "FRAME OFF" Has Begun - Wish Me Luck! - Pics

Thanks Guys!.....I have been working away trying to get her done....She's close!....Got nearly all of the interior in and done..It looks pretty awesome if I do say so myself ....but now I am having some issues getting the body panels aligned...AARGH!......I'm close but I can't seem to get to get the "gaps" fitted quite right yet!....you adjust one area and it throws off another area.....It's a royal "B"...The "play" in the core support seems to be where the final adjustments are going to come from.

Also, the weatherstripping on the doors has proven to be a real challenge....I have to SLAM the passenger door hard to get it to close....Hopefully it will get better with time!

Should have some more pics posted up real soon!.....She will be going to get a little front end alignment/adjustment work soon, as right now she is all over the road (steering wise) and I have no idea how to fix it!

All in all I'm pretty happy with the resto.....Everyone who see's the truck loves it!...

Dan

Last edited by Rack Man; 04-18-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote