The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
hotrodrookie

59 Apache Stepside Rookie Build

Hi guys, this is my first time building a vehicle, im 21, just finished jr. college and moving onto state next semester for mechanical engineering. I got this truck when I was about 17, my dad's longtime friend sold it to me for $100, it was basically stock except for the mild 350 that was in it, we drove it home.(thanks again Arnie) This build has and will continue to be a sloww one due to school and money(lack there of). But over the last few years I tore into it a bit and fixed some rust patches, and have collected an assortment of parts to throw at it. The basic theme of this is low sitting cruiser that will be a reliable street truck. I made the grill in high school, I wanted to use old bumper gaurds like the ones used for led sled mercs but I couldnt afford em, so I built something that kinda had the same theme. Im not sure if im gona use it though, but I still have the original grill.

At the moment, Im trying to fit my front sheetmetal to the cab and frame. For this I need to modify the camaro clip for new mounts. But my big problem is that when I went back to put my front fenders on, the bottom is sticking way too far out. What I think happened is that I replaced the firewall lower cab corners already without fitting the fenders. Has anyone had this problem or could advise me in fixing it? I'll put up some pictures of them tonight.

suspension: camaro front, parallel 4 link/watts link in back

engine/trans: 2001 5.3/th400 (maybe upgrade in future)

Rear axle: ford 8.8 limited slip w/ disk brakes

Wheels: Cheap ones that fit
Attached Images

hotrodrookie is offline   Reply With Quote