The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
VA72C10
VA72C10

VA72C10 Longbed Patina'd Driver

Finally, my screen name makes sense

I first signed on a couple of years ago after finding a "72" on craigslist. Well, went the next day and found out it was a 70 with a 72 grille on it....but my screen name was set. That truck was torn down to bare frame, bagged, and then sold in pieces. The custom shaved cab is the only thing remaining from that.

Saturday I was scanning craigslist and came accross a longbed for sale. Looked interesting in the small craigslist pictures so I called the number. No answer so I left a message. No call Sunday so I figure it's sold. Monday I get a call and it's the owner. He works night shifts...makes sense now. He's available that evening and I make time to get over there to check it out. I pull up and immediately know I need to buy this truck. I LOVE the way it looks. The patina, the colors, the trim, the tinted windows, even the wheels and tires and the dealer installed step bumper.

The truck is originally from TX. the PO just bought it last year and had it transported. So it's avoided VA winters completely including this year. There is a small spot of rust on the upper corner of the passenger firewall, and pits in both rockers and cab corners. Other than that only surface rust....and did I mention....PATINA

We worked out a price, I gave him a 500 deposit and we wrote up a bill of sale. I brought the rest of the money tonight and picked it up. Drove it over to work on my Blazer (35 minutes including highway and stop-and-go) and then home with no issues!

Here's the pictures from the craigslist ad