The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
charx2

"My wife now hates me" build. 383 stroked and bagged

I bought this truck in April for 2k. It has a 383 stroker (or strong 350) and 350 trans with shift kit. 3.08 in the rear but I have liberty 3.73 gears with eaton posi boxed up brand new in my sons room. It's bagged all way with 8 valves, 2 compressors, and 2 5 gallon tanks. The A-frames have been replace and are tubular and the front is not disc brakes. When I bought it the guy who sold it was a moron. It was running off of 5 cylinders due to the headers burning the spark plug wires. Header plugs fixed that. After a tune up man did she come alive! Anyone the guy didn't do the work, he bought it from someone who did and he just didn't know how to do anything. I believe he did manage to slam the truck while it was in motion and bent the front x-member and scrapped up the lower a-frames. We will get to that later.

The interior, in the picture I have some things taken apart, parts and stuff all over the seat.

Part of the wiring nightmare I temporarily fixed. Replaced those relays and I'm going to reroute the wiring to go between the tanks. Also my rear bumper bracket that look like they have been cut?

A-frames

The few rusted areas, oh year, the rockers have been replaced as well.

This is the passenger side A-frames and x-member. Notice how the x-member is buckled by those 2 bolts holding the lower A-frame on? Idiot PO.

Last edited by charx2; 07-31-2010 at 08:01 PM.
charx2 is offline   Reply With Quote