The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

My British Truck build

I may as well do a seperate build thread then as I've finally started to get some work done. Ive owned the truck for about eight years now and for a few years it was my daily driver which drew a few raised eyebrows as its not a common sight over here. About three or four years ago I had a series of niggling issues with it that ended up putting it off the road, then came a stressful busy period with IVF treatment and then twin boys were born and free time became a luxury I just didn't have as did money.

Now the boys are three and a half and happy to amuse themselves without too much intervention to stop them killimng themselves although I suspect that will get worse with age! The time has come to get the old girl back on the road again but first she needs those problems sorting and then needs to pass our fairly stringent annual safety inspection known as an MoT test.

Charlotte as she's affectionately known is 1967 C10 Long wheelbase fleetside. She's started life with a six and has ended up at some point losing thgat and gaining a decent 350.

The engine has an unknown but believed not stock cam, an aftermarket Carter AFB four barrel carb currently sat on a stock cast iron intake manifold with a matching electric fuel pump replacing the stock engine driven pump. Its has a pair of cast iron ramshorn manifolds which flow pretty well, only marginally worse than tubular headers, leading to true dual exhausts 2.25" into two seperate boxes and then 3" exiting just in front of the rear wheels each side. It also has a fairly dodgy electric fan conversion.

Transmission is a stock Turbo-hydramatic 350 three speed auto box and a GM corporate 12 bolt rear axle with an open diff.

The issues that took her off the road were fairly minor, one being the back half of both exhausts fell off (I actually ran the nice chrome tips over!) and a fairly serious problem starting when hot due to an old starter motor and heat soak issues as the exhaust runs fairly close to the starter.

I've been gathering parts from all sorts of places including one holiday to the USA when thanks to Wes at Classic Heartbeat I had to buy two extra suitcases for the return journey to bring back my haul of parts including a full carpet set!

I have managed to get some work done over the last few years on and off.

Since then I managed to replace the inner and outer sill on the passenger side, repair the floor and kick panel and A post bottom

Before

After removing the rocker to find more horrors

Managed to rent some workshop space from some drag racing friends

Cut out that rust!

New metal

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote