The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
Tinker1980

1989 S-10, wrecked... Scrap or Repair?

I have a 123,000 mile 1989 S-10 extended cab, 4.3 automatic. Old City of Tulsa truck, with wheels from a camaro. It and my wife were involved in a 40 MPH collision noon saturday, and was wondering if I should bother fixing it, or should I roll it down to the boneyard and take the plates off, and spend the insurance money on something else? This was the Wife's truck, and she really (for some reason...) liked it. Fortunately, she is OK except for a bruised knee.

An uneducated inspection by your truly says it will need the passenger side front fender, the inner fender, front bumper, hood, grille, passenger side headlight, side marker and turn signals, possibly a radiator but I saw neither coolant nor A/C refrigerant leaking out. It will also need whatever the part is that the radiator/headlights/grille/etc is attached to. Frame appears to be straight, but the steering felt out of alignment on the short trip home.

Pictures to follow.
Attached Images

Tinker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote