The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
DrtyJack75

uhhh "In Over My Head" build - PB/Accuair Parts

Well I've finally started a build thread....Ive titled it "In Over My Head" because Im probably just that! (First part of this will have alotta my story but it'll slow down once I get to the present day)

Little background....dad never taught me sh*t about working on cars. I dont think I knew you had to change the oil till I joined the AF and had my own car. About 5 yrs ago, I started dating a girl and her uncle Pete owned Third St. Auto Repair in Napa, CA and ran in demolition derbys! One year of watching him, I was like...screw this, I can build a derby car! Remember I didnt know sh*t, so I did all the grunt work...stripped cars, CRUDE fabrication, learned to weld (good enough for derby cars), and slowly start helping with the motors. Still cant diagnose sh*t but tell me whats wrong with it and I'll change that part kinda stuff.

Well in doing this, we kicked the idea around of getting a old car/truck and fixin it up.....he said he'd help me learn to work on it. So that's what I did, I hit craigslist and found a 67 C-10.....

was a good starting project. The POx2 had it painted and left it sit in his garage for 7-8 yrs. He sold it to the PO, and he dropped a ZZ4 350 in it and it sat in his garage for 3 yrs. Then I got it! The PO put the motor in place but didnt hook anything up...no wire/hoses/lines nothing. So it was a brand new motor just sitting in the motor mounts.

Slowly we started hooking parts up and replacing things here and there.

Decided I couldnt drive it at the stock height so I called down to Early Classic Enterprises and talked to Stan (I hope Im not mixing these names up its been a while) and he was AWESOME! I called to order springs and ended up getting off the phone with Springs, Spindles, Track bar, Pwr Disk Brake Conversion! haha I was really busy with work, so I had a buddy (Derrick)install all that stuff for a little extra cash. Then I had the truck sent over to get some exhaust hooked up.......and my first chance to drive the truck came! Man I was like a kid at X-mas or maybe a 16 yr old that just got his license. I was so damn excited!! Still had some things I had to do, so it went back in the garage as Derby Season was upon us again and that takes alotta time when Im not doing my real job.

DrtyJack75 is offline   Reply With Quote