The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2003, 08:12 AM   #1
VTKidder

Price check please (I know, sorry)

Sorry to bother everyone....looking at a truck that I may pick up, and really don't know what it'd be worth. Don't know exact year, but between 73-79 GMC (vertical front fender marker light, also hood pops from the grille; don't know when that ended). LWB fleetside, 2WD, 250 6cyl, 3 on the column, MINT interior! The original green plaid looking vinyl bench seat, sage green dash has no cracks, vinyl floor mat isn't worn, all is functional. No AC, no power anything. The body is about what you'd expect from that year truck. Some dents, some scratches, some rust, but nothing that is deep, no spots getting soft. Pretty much the definition of surface rust. The truck just looks like Old Man Smithers bought it brand new, and drove it to the store and back for 25 years. Haven't heard it run, haven't driven it, but probably will this afternoon.

I've got a '69 C-10, and I have a good idea what this truck would be worth if it were that vintage, but I have no idea what this style (73-87) truck would be worth. The person selling it has $400 on the door, so $250-300 would walk away with it. Probably end up getting it based on principle if nothing else, but just wanted to check with some people who own these trucks and would know their value. Thanks all!!!!

VTKidder is offline   Reply With Quote