The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
Strange

The Strange build thread

Yay first build thread ever

Made some nice and not so nice discoveries today! Under all the grime and seemingly misplaced RTV I found a 600cfm 4bbl manual choke Edelbrock carburetor perched on top of a Edelbrock intake manifold! Woo! I also discovered that the bell-housing is not bolted to the block all the way, and that two torque converter bolts are missing.Boo! Everything seems to be held together with RTV and JB Weld

Its all good as I had planned to rebuild/refurbish every mechanical aspect of the truck anyways. Im not sure what the mindset of the previous owner was but the remote switch box for the airbags tells me it was going to be one of those "jumping" trucks (if people still do that?!). My first goal was to check the transmission operation by driving it after the kick down cable was replaced but seeing as how everything is just sorta floating around down there I may just start the tear down process now.

Im still undecided on what to do with the cab atm. Build it a topless cruiser or find a new cab with a roof? After tear it down I will be correctly c-notching the rear end, which will take some fabrication since the back half of my frame is gone. I will also add a Z up front! I will lay frame. After that it needs a wiring harness, interior, paint, ect. I cant wait to kick start this project.
Attached Images

2007 Acura MDX Tech (my daily driver)

Build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...18#post4230818
Strange is offline   Reply With Quote