The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2010, 01:03 AM   #1
big_b

'79 gmc swb story, build & intro

ive lurked for a while and decided to take this oppertunity to do my intro and post some pictures of one of my current projects. it will be a slow build, buying stuff when i can afford to. this will be more or less a restoration with some mild customizing but not much. just enough to make a cool reliable daily driver again.

2 years ago i was pulled over by one of our citys "finest" and she decided that it wasnt suitable for the road and did me the favour of giving the truck a notice of inspection, wich meant i could no longer drive it on the streets with out putting it through a vehicle inspection. i was lazy and had other projects so i parked it beside the house, sold the motor and seat and it rusted into the ground.
recently i bought a rusty '80 short box stepside and got the 73-87 chevy truck bug back. i sold the step side, bought a parts truck and started tearing down my ol truck.
heres some pictures:

80 stepside

parts truck

quick fix to a stripped ball joint

Last edited by big_b; 11-13-2010 at 07:04 PM.
big_b is offline   Reply With Quote