The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #27
Cole Trickle
C-10 Club Member

Re: Am I being pushed around or is this typical CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
CPP has given the same excusses for many years, for jeff to act ignorant of whats going on is a lie..also i agree with liz (that doesnt happen alot, and im normally on the defending end) but dont try and say we NEED your support/$$, cause we dont...we know what CPP is about, and how you treat customers, thats why my customers and i dont use you guys (CPP)...also what a joke, asking to delete all the negitive posts about CPP, how bout addressing and FIXING the problems rather then trying to get them hidden from the publics eye...
Like mentioned numerous times reputation and customer service is everything......

I read alot of posts and did a ton of research prior to buying the drop kit and brakes for my 1969.

I called and talked to a CPP rep (not Jeff) and felt like I wan't quite getting the answers or detailed info I needed to drop $2,000. It would have been a ton cheaper and I would have saved on shipping costs due to the fact that I work in Orange County........The board issues and that one phone call turned me off.

On the flip side I was impressed with what alot of people said about ECE so I made the call. I was walked through the entire purchase and they went over almost evey nut and bolt that would be effected in the install.

I placed the order and honest to god the stuff was on the porch (400 miles) the next day.

Prior to installing the kit my uncle ended up picking up a 1964 step side. He was intrested in doing brakes and a drop also and had seen cpp's advertisments in the truck rags. He asked me what I thought and I said I would go with Jeff as he seems to do a great job for the board members. He ordered up approximatley $1500-1700 worth of product and seemed really happy with the purchase. He said that Jeff treated him well and really hoooked up the pricing compared to what was advertised on there site and in the magazines.

He had a couple isues (no real biggies) and was shipped the wrong length panhard bar and I think one other thing (can't remember) He said he felt like they treated him like a dummy when he told them the part didn't fit. The person on the phone wasn't really helpfull and he said he had to get kind of agressive to get them off there ass and measure the correct part to verify what he had was wrong. He also needed a couple other things to complete the install and ended up making a 1.5 hour drive down to the shop to get the truck done. He asked me why wouldn't they have sold him the stuff I needed the very first time when they knew he was doing the install ASAP???

Needless to say he has ordered a couple other parts from ECE and Brothers (Brothers actually just messed up a motormount order)

I also have to admitt that prior to the issues with my uncles order I left a message for Jeff while he was at lunch for some brake parts and shock supports and never got a call back......I ordered from ECE and got the other parts at the truck shop

Like Nate said sometimes 50% off isn't a good deal

I would love to support a local shop as I feel they are good for the community but I have a hard time doing that right now