The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
chris mc bride

!969 panel originaly grandfathers

Ive been on site for while and posted few questions on panel truck I inherited from grandfather. Long story short he bought it new,drove for 9 years painted out of it while also doing custon van shows and normally winning. Yea not the normal slop artist type,he never believed in getting paint on vehicle and said hell they don't pay you to paint your truck .
He sold it to fellow who wnated very bad,but appearantly not enough to take care of it. Grandfather bought it back about 10 years later in very rough shape. He had a 1/2 ass body man work on it.
Ive got it now and figure although the pics dont show it to be rough I figure theres tons of work ahead from what Ive seen from invetigating the work done. Crap like piece of metal from a old store sign,you remember when they had metal signs for gas price posting. It was screwed in place under floorboard and doped up.
I posted pics so everyone could see what I'm starting with and I wil be posting pics as I do restoration and improvements.
Attached Images

chris mc bride is offline   Reply With Quote