The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
Dave C

Question 89 burb i might purchase- what to look for

I've been lurking for some time and am now ready to finally make a purchase. I have found this one locally that i plan to look at this evening or tomorrow evening and am a skeptical over anything that has already been dropped. I'm more of a motorcycle guy and am looking to get into something i can enjoy with my son vs a bunch of guys at the race track

a friend will be going with me to take a look but wanted to ask the guys here who seem to know it all when it comes to the burbs. what should i look for when it comes to the suspension? is there anything at all to be concerned about? i intend to bag it so whatever set up this might be i doubt will stay long . any other tips would be appreciated on things to look for with an 89 model. I do not have much info on it other than it runs and drives. will know more when i see it

thanks in advance for any input and look forward to becoming more active on the board now that i'll have a ride of my own (it might not be this one, but it'll be an old burban for sure

Last edited by Dave C; 01-19-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Dave C is offline   Reply With Quote