The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
72 cheyenne pdx

Re: Is your Classic truck a CLASSIC?

Quote:
you do not have to carry any car insurance when driving on public streets. I carry copies of the RCW’s ( State Laws) in my glove box for the cops when I get pulled over. They get really pissed when I don’t pony up insurance and just tell them that the law does not apply to me. I’m exempt from that silly Law.

That seems odd that you don't have to carry insurance on Collector vehicles.... I understand if it never saw a road, but if it saw any amount of driving on public roads, I would think insurance is a must. Are they thinking that Collector vehicle owners are more responsible and drive better in that car than in a newer vehicle?

I looked into here in Oregon and I didn't see any benefits to it at the time. I do have to register my truck every two years, but it is not too bad, and I am DEQ exempt, so I don't have to pay that either.
72 cheyenne pdx is offline   Reply With Quote