The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
chaseman17

67 C10 SWB Build

While I am not new to the site, I am new at posting, so bear with me...

I purchased a 1967 Chevy C10 SWB on year ago with the intentions of driving it for a few years and then slowly fixing this & fixing that and eventually redoing the body. After 1 summer of driving it, I decided it needed far more work than I originally thought, so in mid-November of 2010, I started to tear into it.

I have always wanted to restore a vehicle, so why not start now? I have some good friends who are very talented & will get me out of about any mess I get myself into, so what the heck.

Photo #1 - the day I picked the truck up in Indianapolis & brought it to W. Michigan.
Photo #2 - last drive before we began to pull it apart. (Craigslist $30 for 4 tires and wheels, so why not do a burnout or two???)
Photo #3 - disassembly continues. Now have discovered 4 different colors it has been at one time or another.
Photo #4 - chunk someone cut out of the frame somewhere along the way. Why get the correct hose, when you can just take a chunk out of the frame??
Photo #5 - no more chunk out of frame... thank you Brad.
Attached Images