The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2011, 02:18 AM   #1
Beatcoaster
69 Fleetside

1969 Chevy C10 Fleetside

Hey Guys, I got my first baby on the way and need to raise a lot of money before November gets here...I have over $14k in parts into the truck and bought it for $3000 from the previous owner...I haven't even got a bite at $12k for the whole package. Am I off base with my asking price? Here is the breakdown with pictures:

Interior:
I initially started on the interior by gutting it all and dealing with the surface rust(naval jelly, rust proof coating, primer), it then got painted and put back together. The seat was re-upholstered with a velvet cover from LMC and had good stock foam, frame and rails painted. The doors were lined with Dynamat inside. New carpet pad, carpet, kick panel covers, heater controls, gauge cluster rebuilt/painted with white LED's, Autometer water temp,tranny temp, tach,a/f gauge in pod cutom mounted, Grant steering wheel, window/door cranks, knobs, headlight switch, dimmer switch, cab light, door seals, pedals, lokar shift linkage, seat belts, bolts and on and on...The stereo is a Kenwood x493 driving Polk 5-1/4's I custom built into the dash and a MB Quart 400watt amp pushing two Polk 8's under the seat at 120hz crossover and Polk MM 6x9's in the doors with painted grills. The original door skins had no arm rest hole, so I left them as that but they look quite clean as is. The accents are an aluminum paint and the wood steering wheel sets it all off nicely.

Exterior
The paint on this truck was done by myself and turned out pretty good considering it was just a driveway job. I did 3 coats of Black Night Metallic and 3 coats of clear and then wet sanded and buffed it out. I got a little clear cracking on the drivers door and passenger fender but there is enough clear to take it down and remove the cracks, I just haven't done it due to the weather. Before all of this I removed the old driprail material and redid it with 3m 8307. I also pulled out a small dent on the passenger side rear fender. I did a minmal amount of body filler on this to smooth it out, but left the rest of the body was left as is - it has some minor body dents on the bed/tailgate but nothing out of the ordinary - I just didn't have $5000+ to spend on a professional paint job. The front grill I totally reconstructed and repainted from one I found in Monroe that wasn't nearly as beat up as the stock one. Also new bumpers and brackets, painted the frame, A-arms, trailing arms, chrome diff housing after fluid change, etc.

Lighting
New headlight wiring harness with minimal draw through the dimmer/headlight switch now. New H4 headlights, no more swapping out housings, just the bulb - even add HID's now if you'd like. All sidemarkers were made with custom LED's by myself. They are all high flux LED's back lighting the sidemarkers when on and high flux LED bulbs in the stock locations when the turn signals come on - looks awesome. Every bulb on the truck is LED and the tails use a high flux 18 LED bulb that is brighter than stock. The truck looks really great at night and draws very little power now.

Suspension/Chassis
2.5" CPP modular drop spindles in front with 2" drop srprings and 12" discs/calipers, new ball joints, tie rods, fittings, etc - totally rebuilt. 4" drop springs in rear, Doestch Tech shocks on all four corners, stock rear drums. Entire brake system has new lines I built and hoses as well as a new CPP booster/master cylinder with disc/drum prop valve. There is also a chrome vacuum canister/color matched SSBC vacuum pump since the engine only delivers 12" of vacuum. The bed is fully rhinolined as well, which is probably why it has stayed in such great condition over the years.

Engine
Blueprint 383 with a dyno sheet proven 405hp/441ft-lbs of torque at the crank going through a Jegs TH350 rated at 450hp and a 2300rpm stall converter. Power travels through a Drivelines NW rebuilt 2 piece shaft into the stock 3.08's with new fluid/chrom diff cover. The engine has a Eelbrock 1411 carb, MSD pro-billet ignition, Edelbrock water pump, Edelbrock fuel pump, Spectre braided hoses, Spectre aluminum pulleys, chrome covers/air filter. A Jegs mini starter turns over the engine and an massive Entropy aluminum radiator with twin SPAL electric fans cools it all down. A new Duralast battery runs the power through custom loomed lines on every wire - really clean presentation. The engine only has 300miles or so on it and is still being broken in with Royal Purple break in lube as it has a flat tappet cam, The motor(and truck) really start to take off at my 4000rpm cut off - I can imagine the power this engine truly has once the rpms start to climb and you get into the 5500rpm range where the true power is made. The carb still needs to be tuned professionally, and I have the Edelbrock metering rod/jet kit and was planning on doing that around 2000miles since it has moly rings and they take a while to break in. As it sits now the a/f ratio is around 14 going down the freeway and 12.5 when getting on it, so it is safely running if not slightly rich. It has hooker headers that dump into a Pypes 2.5" Street Pro X-pipe exhaust system for a great throaty sound(which stills needs to be welded fully). 65mph has zero drone and is extremely quiet in the cab, which was a wonderful surprise.

Wheels
Boss 330 Black 20's with Toyo 245/40 ST II's that still have the rubber nubs on them.

The things that I still would like to do to it are:
1. replace the cracked windshield and rubber surround
2. add power steering
3. add posi/true-trac of some sort
4. replace windshield washer fluid pump

When Bought:
<

Interior Redone:

Engine:

Chassis:

Lighting:

Body: