The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

Don't tell my wife

Went and looked at a 79 K5 this morning. Hope I didn't get taken to badly, got it for 2/3 of what he was asking though, and I could count the bills I gave him with fingers from on one hand... so I think I'm ok. Plus it drove the 2 miles back to my shop with out any issues. Not sure what the transfer case is or transmission, but I know it has a 400 small block.

I gotta figure out how to get the rear window to roll down though. They put a different tailgate on it and did not have the key for it. Plus the switch on the dash is gone and I can't even find the wires for it. Anyone know what color wires are even supposed to be there for the dash switch to roll the rear window down? I hate to think of it, but I guess I might be able to punch the lock in the rear and see if I can just get it work with a screwdriver.
Attached Images

When the going gets tough, switch to power tools.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote