The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2011, 03:19 AM   #1
TruAggression

The never-ending, always changing Breadbox build.

Well I think its time to start the build thread for my piece.....Plans have been changed for it let me count.......TOO MANY TIMES. From wanting it to be full on custom to stock to bagged to just static dropped. Well finally have a picture in my head and im sticking to it this time pretty much a restomod with some minor custom stock touches for it. coughHOPEFULLYcough!!!!

Start off by saying its an 87 shortbed 305tbi that use to be a school district truck in Ely,NV then turned construction pig for the boss of a company in Ely as well, And now its in my hands!!! When I first put my hands to it,was completly stock except radio cut out already..... So then I needed to bring it closer to earth. So I flipped the rear axle and put drop shackles on it and cut the front springs 2 full coils.....I have spindles but lazy i guess haha.... so now it rides like crap rear axle lays out on bump stops and front bump stops took a nice air hammer too and they are gone so I bottom out fender wells now. YEAH I RECOMMEND NOBODY TO DO THIS!!! Plans are for Porterbuilt up front and out back SOON!!!!! Oh and the tubular upper and lower arms as well. On to pictures for now ..... more progress to come...
Attached Images

TruAggression is offline   Reply With Quote