The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
N8B

"Baby" - My 79 Blazer Project

I have been a lurker for awhile and have finally decided to start a build thread on one of my rides.
This is my 79 blazer "Baby". It was named by my 4 year old because he thinks it is HIS baby.
The Blazer belonged to a club brother of mine and I had been storing it at my house for about 6 or 7 months. He called me one day and asked if I would like to trade it for a transmission I had lying around. I have always loved the full size Blazers and one can never have to many trucks, so I jumped at the opportunity.
I finally had some time off of work so I jumped into it and got her running, registered, got one solid color on her instead of the 5 different primer colors, fixed a few issues and got her on the road to replace my 34 ford pickup as my daily driver.

She has the factory 305 which has been rebuilt. Slight lowering in front via cut coils and the rest is pretty much stock.

My plans will be to take it slow as I have 11 other cars in my stable including a few AD Chevy pickups and a few hot rods to work on.
I am going to redo the drop with a static 5" - 5". I am going to run 20" AR Salt Flat Specials. I will put on a 3" cowl induction hood and shave as much of the external hardware as possible. I also plan on swapping out the engine to a 454 I have in my shop. I am sure there will be a ton more to do but I also need this to be my shop truck / parts chaser / push truck when I don't want to run my 2002 3500 dually.

Here is a quick photoshop sketch of the mods I have planned for the very near future.

I will keep this thread updated as I proceed.
Hope you enjoy.

Nate

Last edited by N8B; 06-28-2011 at 10:37 PM.
N8B is offline   Reply With Quote