The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
bodyworks

Mungus gets an Enema!!!!

Mungus is a 1980 K-30 which I brought back from Bellingham Wash. It's being built to handle the rural Iowa roads in the winter. So far I've removed the body and blasted&painted the frame, rebuilt the suspention using Alcan springs ORD shackles and greasable bolts,Bilstien shocks. Replaced a bad GM 383H.T.{read My 383 Oh Ya thread} with a S.B. 427 from Proformance Unlimited. When the 383ht was in it 2 winters ago my 70 year old mother was not impressed with its preformance and named Mungus BIG PUSSEY, man that hurt! It's backed by a TCI th400 and rides on Pitbull 35's on Weld wheels. This truck has had some set backs since I started, mainly engine problems, now thats taken care of onward. Next is a locker in the rear and a LSD for the front. Mungus has a tuff road to hoe since its predecessor was a 1979 Chevy with a tune-port 350 from a Vette and LSD"s on either end. I'll post as it moves along. Any questions ask I'll do my best to answer. Thanks for looking.
Attached Images

bodyworks is offline   Reply With Quote