The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
lowflight

Carburetor options to consider?

I have a 1972 project and am looking for insight as to whether to rebuild the quadrajet or change out to a good aftermarket carb. Any experiences with good carbs that would work for a direct replacement for a simple "daily driver" restoration. I'm not building a show truck--just cleaning up a truck we have owned since original purchase.

My Project: 1972 Suburban C20 3/4ton 350 CID V8 TH400 transmission. This is probably one of the cleanest originals in the country as my father bought it on my 9th birthday and he/I have owned it since new. It was a California truck and almost always garaged for nearly 40 years. Zero rust! The headliner is still original and has only one scratch! My father passed away and I've taken on the task of returning this truck to being a clean daily driver--largely original. I'm not making it a show truck...just a great example of an original '72 3-door Suburban. Most of my best memories of childhood include this truck. I also have dozens of photos of this truck at all our family trips, campouts, events, etc. While I am replacing or updating some components on the truck, most of the work is simply removing the original parts, polishing and cleaning, and returning them to service. I am looking for upgrades that will add to the efficiency or safety of the vehicle...so suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Attached Images

lowflight is offline   Reply With Quote