The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #10
usmcchevy
Has more rust than truck...

Re: '72 Chevy SWB, Project Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
Good idea with the blocks of wood for where the bed rails are.

Don't forget to put about 400 pounds on the rear frame area to compress the suspension to where it will be with the bed, tailgate & rear bumper on. That little bit of movement can make a big difference in pipe placement around the trailing arms.
I'm taking lots of measurments and test fitting. Still thinking about removing the springs just to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Hey nice work on the frame. Looks like you have a plan for making the exhaust too.

Couple of questions. Will you need to cut clearence in your bed for the Blazer tank? I just picked one up myself. I am gonna set my fuel system like yours too.
Did you use a Corvette regulator/filter? How do you know if you need one? I don't think my engine has a return at the fuel rail. Does that mean I need one of these style regulators? thanks
Yes, the bed crossmember needs to be notched for the Blazer tank.

Yes, I used the vette filter/regulator. You need a regulator if your drivers side fuel rail doesn't have one built in with the return line. No matter what you need a filter, the vette filter/reg is just a relatively cheap and easy way to knock out both. You can also run a aftermarket regulator and figure out a filter, but I think the vette filter/reg is the less expensive route.

LSx Swap FAQ index
usmcchevy is offline   Reply With Quote