The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
landarts
landarts

Project: Fixrupr 72 Cheyenne

This is the beginning of my 72 cheyenne long bed build thread. Should have started this long ago, however I have pictures of most of the work done up until now. FIXRUPR is what I'm calling this truck because it seems that's what I'm always doing is fixin it up. Also that is what my personalized plates will say on them......

I purchased the truck about 8 to ten years ago when I lived in Arizona and brought it with me when I moved to Idaho a few years ago. Didnt really do much to the truck while i had it in Arizona. Just start it every now and then and give it a drive maybe once every couple of months. Once I got moved up to Idaho and got settled in I was kinda forced into making it a daily driver due to financial situations. I really didnt mind that because it is fun to drive and I always seem to get someone that is making comments about the old truck. makes for a great conversation starter.

This build thread is not a frame off, more of a fix whats wrong, change it the way I like it build. I will be doing all the work myself and some guidance of a few seasoned friends. I have been collecting items for the truck for the last year or two. Like the following.

PICTURE will go here

• 68 front clip from a C-30
  • buddy bucket seats from 68 GMC
  • buddy bucket seats upholstery
  • tach from a 68 gmc
  • rally rims
  • new rubber kit
  • body mounts
  • van tilt conversion

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I have a problem collecting these trucks, as for now I have 7 trucks.
  • 72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR "
  • 67 C20 - my son's truck that we are getting ready for him to drive
  • 67 C20 - parts truck formely known as the " Chicken Dinner"
  • 72 1/2 ton 4x4 - fixing it to sell
  • 67 1/2 ton 4x4 short stepside - will be a longterm project
  • 70 CST daily driver until the 72 FIXRUPR is done - once done I will be selling
  • 72 suburban - possible for a 4 door crewcab truck

Last edited by landarts; 08-06-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: adding items
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote