The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #1
romes20

Project Rouge 67 short

Well Im fairly new on this forum but have found a lot of interesting/helpful information already. I've been in the truck scene for a while now, in spring I sold my bagged S10 to buy this truck. I've had my 67 for a few months now and have been slowly doing mods to it, so I've decided to make a project thread.....

Previous truck..... 2001 Chev S10

My next truck..... I decided to take a completely different route and go with something older. I have always been a huge fan of C10's, so I started looking for something with a decent body and engine. I came across this 67 short from another province (I'm from Canada). This truck had a little more then what I was looking for but for the price I couldn't pass it up. I transported it over to its new home in the back of a semi trailor. I am a huge newbie when it comes to engines so please bare with me when I begin to do engine mods. All advice and guidance welcome

Painted the rear half of the frame and put drop coils in (previous owner used coilovers with a hack setup, it wasn't safe).......

What the bed looked like before...... The previous owner had a trap door thing where part of the bed lifted up so he could fill his gas tank (you can see the trap door if you look closely in the pics). I hated it from day one so I re did the entire bed

Re-did the bed in pine with new hardware and strips.......

I will have more updates shortly, I have done more things since these pics but the weather hasn't aloud me to the truck outside for some sunny pics.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Last edited by romes20; 09-02-2011 at 12:17 AM.
romes20 is offline   Reply With Quote