The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #10
RootBeer 6117

Re: Freddy's '52

Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
we used to run a system with elastic streched between the units one in front under the the car from left to right and two towarth the backwheels , there where verry acurate pot meters inside the devices and the reading was on them too it worked good actually , just had to rotate the wheel for the sway of the frontwheels and get the average to zero
could do tow in /out and rear tow in/out the camber caster was done with a weighted potmeter inside the devices , the measurements where allways done on a level bridge
watahyahknow
was it a hunter string line system?we looked at a system years ago the sounds like what you are describing Hunter used it a lot in the 80's I didn't like it because the string kept getting messed up with something touching it and the guy that was selling it was a jerk.I bought a business in 1995 that had a john bean boat head alignment system that would shoot a beam up to a chart on the wall its was 1950/60's the alignment heads looked like a boat motor it was something else to mess with I guess I got used to the laser systems.I wasn't/ am not a big fan of hunter but they have the best system going right now IMO.
Joe
RootBeer 6117 is offline   Reply With Quote