The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
ApacheWillard

1960 Apache SWB

New to the forum, building my 1st truck, and could use some help. Have a couple of questions and looking for answers for a "novice"!

1. By staying on the budget route and going with a 3/5 lowering kit with springs and shocks for about $320, how poor is my ride quality going to be up front?
2. If I'm thinking of maybe going the 20 or 22 wheel route in the future, can I stay 6-lug or am I going to have to go with a disc front kit and swapping to a 5 lug rear end?
3. Positive I have a good ole stock rear end turning crazy r's while driving 45. Ideas on safe and simple rear end swaps with a better ratio and 5 lug?

Any threads you could post would be great, and especially interested on anybody that has personally had a static drop c10 with springs and shocks only. Thanks for all the help and advice you can give, I have a lot of old parts, some new ones, and am really excited about my build!!!
Attached Images

ApacheWillard is offline   Reply With Quote