The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #10
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57truckguy View Post
Alan it is an inverted flare , depending on what lines you are using you may have to get an adapter .. the one on the valve fit the 3/16 inch lines I used that I bought at the local NAPA store off the rack.. If you are using larger brake lines (and there is no reason to) you will have to call Earl's as they carry all the fittings you would ever need. NOT cheap but available.

I see that you used a different temp sensor... I have more than one in the part box.. Untill I found the one that worked correctly. llol

I ended up using a double bladed sensor as I was screwing it in the alumium intake and was worried about the ground...

Nice job on the tube.

Wish I had used the E carb.. these Hollies are so sensetive to set and keep set

Hey I like your work bench.. where did you get the top.. looks like a woodshop table top from school... LOL
Thanks for the advise on the brake fitting. All my line are in this is just an extra port I need to plug. I'll go back to the parts store and look again.

I'm still using the same temp sensor. I did remove the teflon and put some dope on it. I believe it was you that mentioned the teflon might affect the ground.

I got the table top from my Dad, no clue where it came from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57truckguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason65 View Post
Nice and clean Alan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
I really like how clean it ends up looking with all the wiring being tubed like that.
Nice work !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
nice
Thanks guys, I'm trying my best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protrash64 View Post
I second 57truckguy. I just plumbed my brakes on the '66 and that port on your prop valve fits a 3/16ths flare.
I'll do some more searching at the local store, BTW thanks for chimming in.

Working on the interior door panels. Also got the muffler pipe for the upper water hose enlarged a little to fit the hose better.

Got the TV cable bracket for the carb and the cable bracket for the cable itself which includes the return springs. The bracket is actually a throttle cable bracket, but I don't see any harm in using as a TV cable bracket. The cable is routed higher that normal, but there is no interferrance. Am I wrong? When I move the throttle, the rod actually moves away from the TV cable bracket.

I also did a lot of reading on how to adjust the TV cable. If I read it right I held the throttle at WOT and pulled the TV cable out til it stops and tightened it down. TV 101 is a good read that I will read again.

The last 2 pics are a before and after.
Attached Images

Last edited by Alan's Classic; 11-16-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote