The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #10
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 1969 Short Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Awesome job on the hangers! They're sweet! Have fun on the support. You have to love rust, huh?
Thanks Ryan! Yep looking forward to it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70-Shorty View Post
what a killer job on the exhaust....i'm way jealous.
On the radiator support, wouldnt it be easier and nicer to just find a clean one to start, i mean OBVIOUSLY you have the mad skills to fix it...it's just clean OEM core supports are pretty plentiful.
Tim
Thanks Tim!
I thought I had at least 2 solid supports. Well not so. BTW, I have about 5 parts trucks and none were solid. I have found a few on the board. About $200 for the best one to my door. Then I still have to blast it, primer, primer, etc. I HATE aftermarket parts and I'm as tight as they come just look at my build That's why I build and fix as many parts as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett--G4L View Post
Nice job on the hangers. Try not to feel to bad my core support has way more rust then that. No way I was going to attempt to fix it so I just ordered a new one. Fixing my cab has made me hate rust work lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks Keith! I would love to buy all new parts but Oem stuff is hard to find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68GMCCustom View Post
ah hell.....now I need to get my exhaust updated because my solution for the same exact 2 mounting locations.....looks like crap compared to what you came up with.
Thanks kurt, It's kinda funny how freakin much time I have in some of the smallest parts and sections of this build. It's only been a year since I started blasting my frame Heck, another year and I'll be driving this bad boy
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote