The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #11
el_bole

Re: My long term 57 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDriver View Post
Here are a few pic's of the rear suspension. I want to run a wider tire and rim than stock and keep them tucked under the fenders. I saw an article in Classic Trucks a few years ago for a mono-leaf kit that I think fits the bill perfectly. It's been so long ago when I bought it that I don't remember who I bought it from. I do have nearly 10 years worth of magazines that I would have to look through to find the article. Maybe someone here will recognize it!
It was very easy to install and came with everything needed to put it in.

The rear is from a 69 chevy car and it's a 12 bolt. I've since had it shortened by Moser who also added a 373 gear with a Tru-Trac Posi. It also now has Ford big bearing axle ends and faxles.

I also put a big brake kit on it from Master Power brakes. And ran SS brake lines.

Here are the pic's!!

JJ
Chuckdriver,

What exactly does the MONO leaf Kit do for your suspension? Is it strictly to lower the rear or something else...Im looking to lower my truck..

Truck is looking good by the way!

Thanks,
el_bole
el_bole is offline   Reply With Quote