The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
pinecrest

Great Granddad's '47 3600

I am in severe need of motivation on this project! I have a lot of irons in the fire, as most of us do, but I GOTTA get back to this. I will post the major stages to date.... but it has been sitting idle for several months. I am having a shop built in the Spring, which will provide me a MUCH needed space for this project.

Here's what I've got. I started with the complete non-running truck in January, 2011. Pretty ratted out (literally). I picked up an s10. Snagged an 8.8 rear from a '95 explorer. Now for the part you may hate... sorry.... I had a F**d 302 from an old Mooshtang project. Completely rebuilt.... ready to go. So- that's what I'll be using.

My current sticking point is figuring out which transmission to use. I have an AOD that is needing a rebuild- just need to figure out if I'm going that direction or not.

Now for some pics.

I am NOT a body man. I "can" and "do" weld- I am not great at it, by any means. This is my first build, and I want to FINISH it, dagnabbit!!! haha. Thank you in advance for any encouragement. I LOVE reading on this site!!!

(That is my 3/4 ton Chevy sitting next to Great Granddad's)
Attached Images

pinecrest is offline   Reply With Quote