The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
67whitley

1967 tubbed street/strip build *HELP*

This was my first truck and I totally rebuilt it for my graduation day. Then I went a different direction and bought a custom frame so it would be tubbed and a shortbed. The front is a 70 camaro, mid section is truck frame, and back is a four link clip. I started it and never finished it. It has sat outside for many years. Now I want to build it for my wedding day 9-22-12! I need to weld a transmission cross member and need to know if the engine is suppose to set level or be so many degrees tilted back? Also what is the pinion angle suppose to be? I am assuming ill have to custom make a drive shaft. Wouldn't a one piece be better than a two piece with carrier bearing? How do you calculate the rear end gear that you need with tire size. I cant remember the tire size but i know they are m/t sportsman series. Ill have to buy some slicks eventually. The rear end is a 8.8 ford and has a 430 gear installed but not sure if that's what I need.

Thanks in advance Aaron
Attached Images

67whitley is offline   Reply With Quote