The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
tc4x4

1978 GMC Sierra C35 "Project Second Life"

I first saw this truck when i was doing tree work for a customer. I noticed it was a one ton and was rust free. I asked the guy what engine it had and he said a big block. I asked if it was the 454 and it was. So I was joking around with the guy and said well we are going to have to do some tree bartering. He said I'll tell you what, you do my tree work and pay me another $700.00 bucks and its yours. So I did the work, paid the man, and drove the truck home that night.

This '78 Sierra C35 only has 92k original miles on it. It has never seen winter in all its life. It was only used to pull a camper in the summers. The bed hardly shows any sign of anything being placed in it.

So that is how this truck came into my hands. And this is the start of the build of this truck. I have had a ton of people say I should not do a thing to it, and I have had a lot of other opinions of what I should do to this truck. "which i appreciate". But like many others, I can't just leave it alone.

This is what the truck looked like when I brought it home.
Attached Images

tc4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote